Grain harvester “GOMSELMASH GS4118” - is the first combine harvester in the world, that works on compressed natural gas methane.
GOMSELMASH GS4118 – high productive grain harvesting combine with a threshing-separating unit of 1500 mm width, in which was applied acceleration of the grain mass flow before threshing. Distinctive aspect of GOMSELMASH GS4118 thresher is big diameter of pre-accelerator and threshing drums (600 and 800 mm) more than in any other similar type of thresher. Combine harvester provides stable threshing while harvesting of «difficult», dirty, high straw and wet grain crops.
- Two-drum with classic threshing-separating unit.
- Engineered for direct and separate harvesting of cereals, sunflower, grain maize, pulse and cereal crops, grass seeds and rape.
- Makes mowing or pickup of cereal or seed crops, threshing, separation, grain cleaning, accumulation of grain in the bunker and unloading into a vehicle.
- Provides harvesting of the non-cereal part of the crop according to different technological schemes - swath laying or chopping with spreading over an area of harvested land.
Conception of compressed gas equipment
Power unit of grain harvester GS4118K
Gas engine CUMMINS IS12G with capacity of 12 liters provides emission standard Stage V.
Time for cylinders filling with a total hydraulic volume of 1816 liters:
- Terminal NGV-1 or TK4 GOST- 15-20 minutes
- Terminal NGV-2 - 7-12 min
The use of GOMSELMASH GS4118 provides an opportunity:
- to reduce the cost of grain and leguminous crops harvesting by means of a lower price of natural gas;
- to reduce emissions of toxic substances into the environment (carbon monoxide – by 2,5 times, nitric oxide – by 2 times, hydrocarbons – by 3 times, smoke – by 9 times), and at the same time ensure environmental requirements of Stage 5 without increasing the cost of engines;
- to increase the service life of the power unit and increase intervals between the engine maintenance service;
Methane belongs to the safest fuel class 4, according to the classification of flammable substances by degree of sensitiveness.
Methane is half as light as air, for this reason in case of a leak it disappears quickly and completely, without causing any fire hazardous situation, like diesel fuel or gasoline.